[CentOS-promo] Moving the newsletter to blog.centos.org (Request for comment)

Tue Aug 7 15:40:45 UTC 2018
Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com>

Hi, folks.

The August edition of the CentOS newsletter just went out -
https://wiki.centos.org/Newsletter/1803

It's my intention, for the September newsletter, to move it to
blog.centos.org as the primary drafting and distribution mechanism,
rather than using the wiki. The reasons for this are several:

* Easier to delegate editing permission to the various people that have
a need to inject content into the newsletter (ie, the SIG folks)

* Easier to include media (videos, photos)

* More attractive presentation

* Easier (that is, possible) collection of statistics as to whether
anybody is ever actually reading what we're writing.

I realize that, at the moment, this is mostly me producing this content,
but my longer-term goal is to include a much larger group of authors, so
I don't want to make this decision in a vacuum.

Any comments?

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
@CentOSProject // @rbowen
859 351 9166