[CentOS-promo] Fwd: Fedora Booth and CentOS Booth @ DevConf.IN 2018

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Tue Jul 10 12:22:00 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 1:10 AM, Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Lala,
>
> Since timezones introduce quite a lag on this conversation, here's the
> open questions I still have at this time.
>
> * I sent the sticker artwork a while back. Will you be handling finding a
> printer (stickermule is always a good choice) and getting stickers printed?
> I can do this from here, of course, but it will be cheaper and faster if
> you can handle it on that end.

Yes, I have the sticker artwork from you and planning to print it
locally.  However I need some details around how we can get the money for
it. Will send you a mail to you about it.

I have question around how many stickers we want to print. The conference
attendees would be around 2K (approx as total registrations would be around
4K). I would suggest we print some more so that these can be reused in
local meetups etc.

> * Are you considering any other type of swag? If so, do you need any
> assistance on that? The bags that we did for FOSDEM (jointly CentOS/Fedora
> branded) were very popular, and get a lot of use in my house, and so are a
> good thing to do if you're out of ideas.

Do you have pictures of these bags? I can check with vendors.

The easy thing is to print tshirts. Do you have any tshirt designs/artwork
with you which we can reuse?

> * Are you handling booth staff signup?

I guess you mean people who can be present at the booth.  We need around 5
to 6 folks for two days and I know some CentOS contributors who can help
me. Do you have anything else in mind?

* Are there particular sessions in the general schedule that we should be
> promoting hard from the CentOS social media presences? (I'll be doing
> general promotion of the event, and our presence there, but
> session-targeted promotion tends to get a lot more attention than general
> event promotion.)

There might be couple of talk along with one keynote By KB. I will point
you to those sessions.

> In general, I guess I'm asking, what, if anything, do you still need from
> me? I am in the office tomorrow, but them am out until July 20th, so my
> availability is very limited until it's almost too late. But if there's
> anything I can handle tomorrow, let me know ASAP.

Got it. I am wondering how much budget we have for goodies. As it will help
plan the goodies.

Thanks,
Lala