[CentOS-promo] Community/Promo update, Friday, July 22

Fri Jun 22 16:01:41 UTC 2018
Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com>

Hi, folks,

Just wanted to give a quick update on what I've been doing around CentOS
Promo over the last few weeks, and what's coming up. Please help me in
promoting all of these things around the community.

* The CFP for the CentOS Dojo at DevConf.US closes this weekend. Details
at https://wiki.centos.org/Events/Dojo/DevConfUS2018  To be blunt, I'm
leaning very hard towards canceling it, due to the lack of talk
submissions that I can actually schedule. So far we have perhaps 3
presentations I would consider scheduling. I will have to make a
decision on Monday, so if you are waiting until the last minute, it has
arrived.

* We will have a booth/table in the community room at DevConf.us. I'm
looking for volunteers.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KDVgTO4M4UFdtONRHAjKTFRnwUMk4P2tTkZvgaWT188/edit#gid=0
  I just need people who can be friendly, and answer questions.

* Next week I will be at ISC-HPC.com - the European Supercomputing
conference. My main goal there is to get video interviews with the
students participating in the Student Cluster Competition (because
they're all using CentOS) and talk with the research organizations and
Universities who are present (because they are, too).

* The CFP is open for the CentOS Dojo at CERN.
https://wiki.centos.org/Events/Dojo/CERN2018  The CFP is going very
well, and we'll be able to field a great schedule, based on what I've
seen so far. Keep them coming. Also, make sure to register, since
security is tight and you won't get in the front door if you haven't
registered.

* We have booked a space for the annual Dojo at FOSDEM. Same place as
last year. Early details are at
https://wiki.centos.org/Events/Dojo/Brussels2019  Look for a formal CFP
coming real soon.

* We have sponsored Ohio LinuxFest, in conjunction with Fedora.
https://ohiolinux.org/  I will soon be looking for volunteers to staff
our table/booth there.

* I am considering a presence at the following events:
  * Open Source Summit, Edinburgh -
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/open-source-summit-europe-2018/
  * Open Source Summit, Vancouver -
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/open-source-summit-north-america-2018/
  * https://sc18.supercomputing.org Dallas

If there are other events where you feel we should have a presence,
please speak up soon, as my calendar is filling up.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
@CentOSProject // @rbowen
859 351 9166