[CentOS-promo] CentOS 15th Birthday, 14 May 2019

Rich Bowen

rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Oct 8 15:51:14 UTC 2018

Starting this discussion well in advance so that we have plenty of time
to figure out what we want to do.

Looking back five years:
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-promo/2014-July/001382.html

I'm hoping to do many of the same things that were suggested last time,
including:

* Birthday cakes at each Dojo event in 2019, starting at FOSDEM. (I'm
investigating adding this to our lunch at the Brussels Dojo.)

* Commemorative sports jersey in the style of the one in the above email
thread.

* Retrospective blog series, including thoughts from the project
founders, statistics over the years, and stories from users about how
their use of CentOS has evolved over the last 15 years.

* Possibly a refresh of our web site design (including a consistent
theme across wiki, forums, blog), incorporating a "15 years" message of
some kind.

If you'd like to help with this effort, or have other suggestions,
please speak up. The actual date of the birthday is 14 May 2019, but I
think we want to make it a year-long celebration, rather than a single
day event.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
@CentOSProject // @rbowen
859 351 9166