[CentOS-promo] Call for participation/help (CentOS Promo)

Rich Bowen

rbowen at redhat.com
Wed Aug 7 15:05:14 UTC 2019

Hi, folks,

I don't know who, if anyone, is still on this list. It would be great to
hear from you all, and what your interest is in this list.

Over the last few months, I've been swamped with all manner of things,
and the blog, and social media, has suffered as a result. You may have
noticed.

I need help in keeping these things alive, and filled with useful,
non-spammy, content. I'm hoping that either someone here, or someone we
can get to join us here, can step up and help make that happen.

Places where I need help:

* Monthly newsletter. I'm drafting this right now. I'm only a day behind
schedule at this point, but having a way to do a running draft all
month, and publishing it when it's due, rather than the last-minute
scramble, would be awesome.

* Monthly newsletter translation. Over the years we have provided the
newsletter in a variety of languages. Having some consistency on this
would be great.

* Twitter. Daily tweets about what's happening in the SIGs important
topics on the mailing list, event promotion, would be great.

* Facebook. Our facebook page is already pretty active, but an awful lot
of it is spammy. Having *quality* content there, daily, would be a huge
improvement.

* Blog. Useful, technical articles, weekly, would be awesome. But this
needs someone to go looking for that content, getting people to write
it, running a schedule so that we have regular content. We have a LOT of
people who, I think, could write these articles, if we go about it well.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
@CentOSProject // @rbowen
859 351 9166