[CentOS-promo] Timing: Re: CentOS Stream 9 "launch" promotion

Mon Nov 15 18:49:20 UTC 2021
Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com>

On 11/13/21 17:31, Carl George wrote:

>> FYC: The CentOS Stream 9 distribution (desktop) isn't presenting the
>> backgrounds yet, nor the correct visual information in the browser's
>> default web page; although they are both available in the respective
>> source repos. These are major issues if we want to avoid visual
>> "disconnection" between websites and distribution.
> I suggest we block the launch promotion until the wallpaper issue is
> fixed.  I'm happy to help make this happen, I'll sync up with Alain
> directly this coming week.

Thanks. I'm fine with that. Note that I am at SuperComputing this week,
and so will be slow to respond.

While it would be great to get this all out there this week, I do want
to be sure it's a good first experience for people that see the
announcement and go to try Stream 9.

--Rich

--
Rich Bowen: CentOS Community Manager