[CentOS-promo] CentOS Stream 9 promotion: Blog draft started

Wed Oct 13 22:14:45 UTC 2021
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera at gmail.com>

Hi!

On Wed, 2021-10-13 at 16:33 -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
> Moving the thread here from centos-devel ...
>
> I have started a blog post draft at
> https://hackmd.io/pvef5ZYXQ9aXASekcXEF_Q?both based on the discussion
> in today's Stream Office Hours, and I think that covers the main
> points that we said we want to talk about in the announcement.

This is great Rich. I have a great liking for this initiative. Thanks!

> We would want to send this post out in coordination with the launch
> of Alain's new website visuals (see dev.centos.org) so we need to be
> sure that Alain and the Artwork SIG are in this conversation. (Hi,
> Alain!)
>
> Did I miss anything that we discussed in today's meeting?

The notes you posted are quite complete. I only would like to bring
attention on some points worth to confirm before the announcement, in
order to be sure the final visual presentation of both distribution and
websites will be consistent once published. For example:

1. The distribution ships the artistic motif as default background.

2. The distribution can be downloaded from links provided in the
https://www.centos.org/download page.

3. The theme roles applied against dev.centos.org have been tested
against stg.centos.org an they worked as expected. Presently, we have
work done for www, lists, people and blog subdomains but only lists has
been tested in the staging environment (afaik). Other centos.org sites
will be updated progressively after the announcement.

5. The announcement text and promotion stuff are ready to cover the
media.

Once we confirm these points, we are good to go (i.e., run the theme
roles against centos.org sites and announce on different media).

Best regards,

--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera at gmail.com>