[CentOS-promo] CentOS Stream Leaflet for FOSDEM

Fri Jan 6 12:07:40 UTC 2023
Aleksandra Fedorova <alpha at bookwar.info>

Hi, Davide,

Thanks for support!

On 1/5/23 20:47, Davide Cavalca wrote:
> [re-sending from the right address for the list, apologies for the noise]
>
> On 2023-01-05 04:14, Aleksandra Fedorova wrote:
>> Hi, all,
>>
>> I have started the work on the leaflet describing CentOS Stream, so
>> that we can distribute it at the next CentOS Connect and FOSDEM.
>>
>> The leaflet is loosely based on the talk I gave at FOSDEM 2022.
>>
>> What I think I need to make things work:
>>
>> 1) I'd like to get a repo in CentOS infra where I can publish sources
>> of the leaflet (it is LaTeX, btw)
>>
>> I filed a ticket for this but maybe it is a wrong place:
>>
>> * https://git.centos.org/centos/Artwork/issue/23
>>
>> Once I upload the sources,
>>
>> 2) I need folks to review and contribute to them, especially in the
>> section which mentions SIGs.
>
> Happy to help review this once a draft is available.

It seems the repo became a bottleneck, so I have published the sources
to my personal namespace for now

* https://gitlab.com/bookwar/centos-leaflet

Patches are welcome.

>> 3) I need to understand if the pdf format is good enough for printing
>> the leaflet or there something else we should do to prepare the data?
>
> Yeah, a regular PDF is usually good enough. Some DTP programs can also
> produce a print-ready PDF (which usually means embedding fonts, using
> CYMK for pictures and outputting a PDF/X), but that shouldn't matter
> unless you need perfect fidelity.

Indeed, I wouldn't worry about the quality too much and focus on the
content.

>> 4) I need someone to print it and bring to Brussels
>>
>> I may be can use our Düsseldorf office to do it myself, but there
>> might be better ways.
>
> Having done this before, it is _a lot_ easier if we can get something
> printed on site, rather than carrying a suitcase full of paperwork. Daan
> (in CC) is local and might be able to help us here -- it's usually a
> matter of finding a copy shop that's willing to do it. With my Meta hat
> on -- we're happy to foot the bill for this if needed.

Thanks!

Let's maybe give it a week to work on the text. And aim to get the
finalized version by the end of day January 16th.

And then we can look for printing options.

--
Aleksandra Fedorova
bookwar