[CentOS-pt-br] Release Notes: Translation, an explanation and something to translate

Ralph Angenendt ralph em centos.org
Quarta Novembro 21 23:28:32 UTC 2007

Hey,

somehow we're always running late with those release notes.

But: We have a new idea - living online release notes.

What does that mean?

We are going to split the release notes and have a very short version on
the actual CentOS ISOs - those then point to the *real* release notes on
wiki.centos.org and to some other places on the wiki and www.centos.org.

The real release notes are going to be on the wiki and can be modified
as needed (for example the "Known issues" section could grow during the
lifetime of 5.1). And this is also the part where most of the
translation has to happen!

So attached to this mail are the release notes which go on the Isos.
These need to be translated real soon now (today would be great -
November 22nd 2007 that is, European time that is). Please send those
translations to ralph em centos.org.

In the meantime we are going to develop longer release notes on
<http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.1> - these need to
be translated also. And to translate these, all translators need an
account on wiki.centos.org. So please create an account for yourself
(FirstnameLastname - JoeyMiller for example) and send that account name
(not the password!) to ralph em centos.org also. I'll add you to the list
of people who are allowed to edit translations then.

This process can take a longer time, these don't need to be complete
when 5.1 comes out.

Short summary:

Please translate the attached text *as soon as possible* and send the
results (please only one result per language) to ralph em centos.org.

Please send your LoginNames for the wiki to ralph em centos.org also -
otherwise you won't be able to edit the release notes on the wiki.

After that you can begin translating the online release notes.

The CentOS team wants to thank you all for the great work you are
putting into the release (and have during the last release) - you guys
and girls are great.

THANK YOU!

And now start working =:)

Ralph