[CentOS-virt] Xen not applying custom network script on startup

Timothy Selivanow timothy.selivanow at virtualxistenz.com
Tue Dec 4 19:27:29 UTC 2007

I'm seeing an issue with xend not running a custom network script
automatically, but works when I run it manually.
In /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp I've changed:

(network-script network-bridge)

TO:
(network-script network-custom)

Here is /etc/xen/scripts/network-custom:

# !/bin/bash
# network-custom

script=/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge

case $1 in

  start)
    $script start vifnum=0 bridge=xenbr0 netdev=eth0
    $script start vifnum=1 bridge=xenbr1 netdev=dummy0
    $script start vifnum=2 bridge=xenbr2 netdev=dummy1
  ;;

  stop)
    $script stop vifnum=0 bridge=xenbr0 netdev=eth0
    $script stop vifnum=1 bridge=xenbr1 netdev=dummy0
    $script stop vifnum=2 bridge=xenbr2 netdev=dummy1
  ;;

  status)
    $script status
  ;;

  *)
    echo 'Unknown command: ' $1
    echo 'Valid commands are: start, stop, status'
    exit 1
  ;;

esac

What am I missing?  I'd like the guests to auto-start when the host
starts, but this is preventing that.

--Tim
/ I never thought that I'd see the day where Netscape is free software and \
| X11 is proprietary.  We live in interesting times.                       |
\         -- Matt Kimball                           /
  \
   \   \
        \ /\
        ( )