[CentOS-virt] xen dependencies

Sun Dec 30 23:28:22 UTC 2007
Joseph L. Casale <jcasale at ActiveNetwerx.com>

>now might be a good time to work out how the CentOS and the entire EL
>setups work and how backports and security fix's are done. There is
>plenty of info out there to look at starting from the wiki to the redhat
>website.
>
>--
>Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : 2522219 at icq

Thanks for the recommended reading, good info. I see that Xen 3.0.3 is now 3.1 actually (Backporting is obviously a good thing but at the risk of confusing things...). I see an errata listed as "network-bridge fails on some machines" which is my issue, I earlier had thought it was an installation issue but I ended up having Xen work in my preferred setup config on a different machine, so my dependency assumption was clearly wrong. The bug was last updated on 2007-11-07, but using yum to install Xen as I always have been does fetch me the versions of the rpm's that this bug report list: xen-3.0.3-41.el5.i386.rpm.

Obviously I don't know for sure if this is my issue but when I run the Xen script to stop the bridged network, the server regains network connectivity so I will venture to say it appears related or very similar to me:)

Thanks for all the advice on this matter Karanbir,
jlc