[CentOS-virt] Xen not applying custom network script on startup

Mon Dec 10 18:08:40 UTC 2007
Timothy Selivanow <timothy.selivanow at virtualxistenz.com>

On Sun, 2007-12-09 at 00:25 -0600, Christopher G. Stach II wrote:
> Timothy Selivanow wrote:
> > I'm seeing an issue with xend not running a custom network script
> > automatically, but works when I run it manually.
> > In /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp I've changed:
> >
> > (network-script network-bridge)
> >
> > TO:
> > (network-script network-custom)
>
> I've found that configuring the bridges using the Red Hat method
> (/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts) is easier and more straightforward than
> finagling around in the Xen scripts.  Then you just disable Xen's method
> with ``(network-script /bin/true)''.  The great thing about this is that
> you can handle bonding, VLANs, and bridges all in the same spot and at
> the same time.
>
> Example bridge interface /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-xenbr0:
>
> DEVICE=xenbr0
> TYPE=Bridge
> BOOTPROTO=none
> NETWORK=192.168.0.0
> NETMASK=255.255.255.0
> IPADDR=192.168.0.1
> ONBOOT=yes
> DELAY=0
> STP=on
>
> Example bridge port interface /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:
>
> DEVICE=eth0
> BOOTPROTO=none
> ONBOOT=yes
> USERCTL=no
> BRIDGE=xenbr0
>
> > Here is /etc/xen/scripts/network-custom:
> >
> > # !/bin/bash
> > # network-custom
>
> Maybe your shebang is busted?

Doh!  That was it.  "Given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow." --
even configuration issues :)

Thanks, I can't believe it was that this entire time...

--Tim
/ Plastic...  Aluminum...  These are the inheritors of the Universe! \
| Flesh and Blood have had their day... and that day is past!        |
\                 -- Green Lantern Comics                            /
  \
   \   \
        \ /\
        ( )