[CentOS-virt] xen dependencies

Sun Dec 30 18:12:18 UTC 2007
Joseph L. Casale <jcasale at ActiveNetwerx.com>

>you might want to start with a list of packages that groupinstall will
>get and the yum install wont get, then work back from there. at the very
>least you are going to need libvirt and things it needs to run.
>
>If you post a package diff list, we can pick through there perhaps ?
>
>--
>Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/  : 2522219 at icq

Karanbir,
I did attempt to see what's different, but the problem is the groupinstall appears to want to install X as well so I am lost to know what is really needed.

Further testing allowed me to get a one machine to work after a bare install with simply a #yum install xen so I am obviously now wrong in my assessment. At this point I believe it to be a simple problem in the CentOS/RH package of Xen (Or Xen itself) as I did try a Fedora Core 8 install and the same behavior was now noted: Some machines function before and after, and some don't function after!

My Linux experience is far too new to allow me to troubleshoot through it, but considering the magnitude of machines I have tried I am shocked if this behavior is not exhibited with other people.

Thanks,
jlc