[CentOS-virt] Xen/VMWare Server comparison and "best Xen practices"?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Wed Oct 17 18:31:57 UTC 2007

Kris Buytaert wrote on Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:40:49 +0200:

> I've been using LVM volumes for ages.
>
> You only have a limited amount of partitions so partitions don't scale.
>

> I only use files if I`m building a virtual machine that I want to give
> to someone who isn't capable of kickstarting a system.

Yeah, I meant to include LVM volumes in the general partition meaning. I
wanted to know if you use/prefer/recommend partitions/LVM over files.
Obviously, files are so much easier to maintain. I now have a test VM
running on an LVM volume and am now wondering if there are other methods
to move it around for instance as what Xen provides (I read there's a
system migration feature, but i didn't read that up yet).

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany