[CentOS-virt] Xen/VMWare Server comparison and "best Xen practices"?

Tue Oct 16 22:32:01 UTC 2007
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Daniel de Kok wrote on Tue, 16 Oct 2007 21:25:07 +0200:

> I use files, they are easy to manage. They ease up maintenance, since
> you can move them around, easily create new ones, etc. But I guess that
> raw partitions or LVM volumes are faster.
>
> Files are good enough for our purposes, but the VMs don't heavily do
> disk I/O.

Thanks for the info. I now added the xen stuff to the possible target
machine and there the performance situation is much nicer. I'm now testing
installation on partitions. I agree handling of the filebased VMs is very
nice.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany