[CentOS-virt] qemu 0.9.0 in c5-testing

Daniel de Kok daniel at centos.org
Sat Sep 8 20:55:20 UTC 2007

Hi all,

A package for the qemu machine emulator/virtualizer is now available in
CentOS testing for CentOS 5. qemu was added

- Because the package contains qemu-img, a handy tool for creating and
  converting disk images (e.g. for KVM).
- For full virtualization on i386 and x86_64 CPUs that don't have VT-X
  or AMD-V support. kqemu is required for optimal performance, we plan
  to provide a module package for kqemu in the near future.

For the moment, testing can be oriented at using this (qemu-img in
particular) in combination with KVM. Once the kqemu module packages are
ready, we are also interested in qemu + kqemu testing results.
Information on using the CentOS Testing repository can be found on the
CentOS Wiki at:

http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories

Take care,
Daniel