[CentOS-virt] Xen List

Christopher G. Stach II

cgs at ldsys.net
Fri Apr 18 04:49:23 UTC 2008

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> I have two physical nics. I want the first setup like it would by default when using Xen3.2, it creates a bridge "eth0" and gets renamed to peth0 (That's good). I connect all my guests "Lan" nic to the vifs associated to this bridge.
>
> I want the other nic to be in a bridge, but not have any ip or connectivity outside the bridge especially to the host. It will plug into a DSL modem and a vif associated to this bridge will be the red interface on a Linux firewall (Lab only environment). My custom bridge script is as follows:

Why would you dedicate a physical interface to something that that isn't
doing any real physical (sending something over a wire outside of the
virtual world) work?  You don't need a physical interface for a bridge.
  Just create an ifcfg-br123 or whatever.  If you don't plan on using
eth1 for anything, maybe create bond0 with eth0 and eth1 for some
redundancy.

--
Christopher G. Stach II