[CentOS-virt] Installing old Suse as fully virtualized guest: problem with install source

Kai Schaetzl

maillists at conactive.com
Mon Apr 21 18:54:05 UTC 2008

Michael Will wrote on Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:28:56 -0700:

> fyi: paravirtualized means the OS is new enough to have extensions to be
> virtualization-aware and support it in order to
> not have to emulate all of the hardware completely. The older OS would
> probably run fully virtualized, i.e. in a QEMU
> environment.

Ahm, yes, sorry, that is why I wanted to try to run it fully virtualized. I
made a typo and skipped the "not" in "this probably would run
paravirtualized". Yes, I'm sure it won't run paravirtualized.

AFAIK Xen can also install and run fully virtualized guests. The problem is
that install location. (maybe there are others, but this at least is the
one I'm facing now).

Qemu: I haven't ever used it. Would you recommend using it in this case?
Can I run that side-by-side with Xen? Are the rpms part of CentOS?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany