[CentOS-virt] Xen List

Fri Apr 18 15:10:17 UTC 2008
Joseph L. Casale <jcasale at ActiveNetwerx.com>

>The silly mistake that always gets me is I forget to put the .img extension on
>the initrd file, be careful when running mkinitrd that the exact command is:
>
># mkinitrd -f --preload=pciback /boot/initrd-$(uname -r).img $(uname -r)
>
>You can remove the pciback stuff from grub.conf, but make sure the
>modprobe.conf options are there prior to running mkinitrd.
>
>-Ross

Ross,
You rock! I think the issue before was one of iether two sceanrios, I may not have had the modprobe.conf line in before I ran mkinitrd, or it wasn't at the top (would that matter?).

Anyway, I saw dmesg indicate the module siezed the device!

Thanks so much!
jlc

Ps. Do you run any hvm's in production?