[CentOS-virt] xen+drbd Question

Aleksandar Ivanisevic aleksandar.ivanisevic at 2e-systems.com
Tue Aug 26 14:24:29 UTC 2008

Lorenzo Quatrini wrote:
> I was just starting doing some test following this article:
>
> http://fghaas.wordpress.com/2007/09/03/drbd-806-brings-full-live-migration-for-xen-on-drbd/
>
> So if you say that doesn't work I'll give up on this and I'll go directly to
> Openvz (actually proxmox)

Eh, never trust someone you met over the Internet ;) I've actually used
that same page as a starting point for my tests and it's definitely not
usable for me.

Don't know much about proxmox but it seems to be the right approach, use
openvz for stuff that is distro/kernel/OS agnostic and KVM/XEN/whatever
for full virtualization.

I'm now trying to achieve the same thing using openvz-xen kernel, but
only not to waste all the work i've invested in getting the xen cluster
going. Maybe I'll move to kvm after all, but I don't know yet if it
would read xen disk images.