[CentOS-virt] xen+drbd Question

Jerry Amundson

jamundso at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 04:56:43 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Ross S. W. Walker
<RWalker at medallion.com> wrote:
> Alexandre Biancalana wrote:
>> On 8/26/08, Ross S. W. Walker <RWalker at medallion.com> wrote:
>> >  If you upgrade to xen.org release of Xen then you can use the
>> >  block-drbd script to specify by drbd resource name instead of
>> >  device, but that's just fluff in stuff, and doesn't have
>> >  anything to do with the ability to live migrate which is all
>> >  handled by the allow-two-primaries option.

True. In my case : CentOS 5.3, incl. kernel-xen and heartbeat, Xen.org
3.x, DRBD 8.2.
It works, but has no cookie-cutter howto.

>> Are you saying that we can only use block-drbd script with Xen 3.2 ?

It's really not so much the Xen version, but the distro.

> It might work with the Xen 3.1 libraries too, but that's also
> irrelevant as CentOS/RHEL has decided to use the Xen 3.0.3
> libraries (though they are using the Xen 3.1 hypervisor, go
> figure!).

How did you determine they are different versions?

> Linbit wrote the block-drbd script for Xen 3.1 (maybe 3.2) and
> up, but definitely not pre-3.1.
>
> For the definitive answer though I recommend posting on
> drbd-user. Someone there might even have a work-around to
> get it to work on earlier Xen libraries...

http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2008-August/010077.html

jerry

--
There's plenty of youth in America - it's time we find the "fountain of smart".