[CentOS-virt] How many gusets can I run with Centos 5.2

Mon Aug 4 17:32:50 UTC 2008
Miguel Costa <miguel.costa at neoscopio.com>

Timothy Selivanow wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 17:48 +0200, Götz Reinicke wrote:
>
>> how many gusets can I run with Centos 5.2? RH EL 5 is limeted to 4
>> guests while the advanced server is unlimeted.
>>

> Since there is no distinction between WS, ES, and AS in CentOS, Xen can
> support an unlimited number of guests.  I am currently running 5 on
> mine...

I recently found a limit, the hard way, but of a different kind - the
loop module comes restricted to 8 loop devices, it must be increased
with "options loop max_loop=<1-255>" in modprobe.conf (and then reload
the module, which means shutting down all vm's, so it's better to do
this as soon as possible).

Just so that nobody mistakes this with some other kind of limit :)

Miguel

--
Miguel Costa
Neoscopio, S.A.