[CentOS-virt] Warning on VirtualBox 2.1.0 on CentOS 5.2: Kernel Panic

Todd and Margo Chester ToddAndMargo at verizon.net
Mon Dec 22 03:08:32 UTC 2008

Todd and Margo Chester wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>     I just removed Virtual Box 2.1.0 from my system.  When you
> boot up an XP guest, you will get a kernel panic.  See
> http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/2827 for details.
>
>     I hope I saved someone else from the hassle I just
> had to go through.
>
> -T
>
> Now for FSCK on my hard drive!

A duplicate of my bug was posted at VBOX:
     http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/2829
on RHEL 5.  He narrowed it down to "host
interface" networking, which is exactly what
I am using.

I made sure all my previous bridging was removed
before install VB 2.1.0. (Yes, I had to put it
back in before reverting.  Good thing I take good
notes!)

-T