[CentOS-virt] open-vm-tools for latest CentOS-4 and CentOS-5 kernel-vms

Tue Jan 1 15:10:29 UTC 2008
Ray Van Dolson <rvandolson at esri.com>

> >   No need to run vmware-config-tools.pl after kernel upgrade
>
> This is indeed a huge benefit, as it requires one less reboot and does
> not require you to do anything via your console or to rebuild anything
> as a user.  You also do not need build tools inside your client VM now.

This is indeed, very cool.

> But I think this will be a major improvement for VMWare users as are the
> kernel-vm kernels.

Couple questions regarding these kernels... should they be run on the
host or on the guest?  And I see they are in -testing right now, and
also in "tru's" home directory.  Where is the authoritative source for
them and will they end up in centosplus at some point?

Ray