[CentOS-virt] VMWare - 5.2 Update - Kernel Best Practices

Thu Jun 26 21:33:29 UTC 2008
David Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>

On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 06:04 -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> > This bug report: http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2189 seems to suggest
> > clocksource=pit and divider=10 will crash kernels and I did not see "it's
> > fixed" in the release notes.
>
> Right, so, if you do not need the clocksource= option, you can use the
> divider option.  But otherwise, kernel-vm is the way to go.  I trust
> Tru would keep providing us with the kernel-vm until the bug is fixed.

Is there any detail on when you would actually need to use the
clocksource= option?  I'd love to not have to deal with the kernel-vm
packages since there doesn't appear to be a repo for them yet and if you
have other requirements like kmod-drbd you have to manually rebuild
those.