[CentOS-virt] virt-install in CentOS 5

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Thu Mar 20 01:29:58 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 18:41 -0400, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> I tried that a while ago, just in case, but it didn't help.  I'm still
> clued out as to why http installs fail for Fedora 8 domUs, but work just
> fine for CentOS 5 domUs.

I've done more testing and a http install works when I use this:

http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/8/Fedora/i386/os/

but, fails when I use my internal mirror.

My internal mirror is just a rsync of the Fedora 8 DVD.  As far as I can
tell, it's exactly the same as what all the other Fedora 8 mirrors.
Obviously, something is different.

Am I supposed to recreate the Fedora 8 DVD repo data or do something
similar before I can do an http domU install?

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu