[CentOS-virt] DHCP for Xen VMs

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Mon Mar 24 13:57:06 UTC 2008

You might want to check iptables in the dom0.

I believe iptables gets set on eth0 before it 'pivots' to peth0 and I doubt it flushes it and retargets it to the new bridged eth0 afterwards, so the dhcp traffic may appear as unsolicited and dropped on dom0 as it enters the bridge.

If that turns out to be the case you will need to have iptables stopped right before the creation of peth0 and restarted afterwards (and maybe file a bug report too).

-Ross