[CentOS-virt] xenbr0 isn't created anymore

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Mar 27 15:01:24 UTC 2008

Somehow I managed to disable the creation of xenbr0 on boot-up of the host
system. CentOS 5 with standard CentOS Xen.
I changed all Xen VMs to use xenbr0 instead of virbr0 and disabled
virtlibd. Works fine. But when I later restarted the machine I found that
all networking for guests had gone. On inspection there's no xenbr0
created anymore. I can get it up by stopping network (or eth0) and then
running /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start
xend-config.sxp still has (network-script network-bridge), logging shows
no problems. It seems that the network-bridge script simply doesn't run,
but why? I can't see any init script or so that might run it, so I assume
it's xend doing that, but there's no error in any log.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany