[CentOS-virt] xenbr0 isn't created anymore

Fri Mar 28 20:12:20 UTC 2008
Ross S. W. Walker <rwalker at medallion.com>

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> > DHCP currently fails on it.
>
> That must be a problem with the xenbr0 bridging as it is done with Xen
> 3.2. I think the packet with the DHCPOFFER doesn't reach the interface. If
> I change to virbr0 (with running libvirtd, of course) DHCP works. The
> difference between xenbr0 and virbr0 is that virbr0 is bound to an IP
> address and is the gateway of that net.

I think you are mixing the versions up or made a typo, Xen 3.2 no
longer uses xenbr0, but bridges with the ethernet name. Also make
sure iptables/ip6tables isn't still running in the background.

> Ross, what do you use in the new xen networking for the vif = [
> "bridge=virbr0" ] line, eth0 ? Then DHCP should work this way as well. Do
> you have any VM not using virbr0 and taking IP from DHCP this way?
> Yet another good argument for 3.2 then.

My configs still have xenbr0 listed, but the scripts will take any
xenbr* and convert it to eth* if it exists and is a bridge. I don't
have any problem with DHCP. I also have iptables currently disabled.

-Ross