[CentOS-virt] xenbr0 isn't created anymore

Thu Mar 27 16:35:17 UTC 2008
Ross S. W. Walker <rwalker at medallion.com>

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Ross S. W. Walker wrote on Thu, 27 Mar 2008 11:32:56 -0400:
>
> > Can you post the output of 'chkconfig --list'?
> >
> > Attach a copy of /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp?
>
> That's both rather long for a mailing list, isn't it?
>
> There's no difference from the default xend-config.sxp other than that I
> added a keymap directive and that was before the problem started.
>
> I deactivated some services in firstboot (and then firstboot) at about the
> same time I deactivated libvirtd. But I don't see any service that might
> be connected to this. Are there specific ones that don't start with xen
> that I should be looking for?

Ok, well I wanted to make sure xend is running at the right runlevels
and see if there is anything else weird set to start that shouldn't.

I also see you are having other problems, with portmap, maybe the two
are related and they both sound like it has to do with the network.

Did you do anything on the network side around the time of the failure?

Maybe there is an interface definition for virbr0 that is left around
but since libvirt is disabled, a bridge isn't activated for it to
apply to?

-Ross