[CentOS-virt] xenbr0 isn't created anymore

Fri Mar 28 19:31:19 UTC 2008
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

> DHCP currently fails on it.

That must be a problem with the xenbr0 bridging as it is done with Xen <
3.2. I think the packet with the DHCPOFFER doesn't reach the interface. If
I change to virbr0 (with running libvirtd, of course) DHCP works. The
difference between xenbr0 and virbr0 is that virbr0 is bound to an IP
address and is the gateway of that net.

Ross, what do you use in the new xen networking for the vif = [
"bridge=virbr0" ] line, eth0 ? Then DHCP should work this way as well. Do
you have any VM not using virbr0 and taking IP from DHCP this way?
Yet another good argument for 3.2 then.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany