[CentOS-virt] xenbr0 isn't created anymore

Mon Mar 31 18:41:00 UTC 2008
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Ross S. W. Walker wrote on Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:21:10 -0400:

> Why not try tcpdump on the bridge interface and see if you can
> see the DHCPOFFER/DHCPACK and what MACs it used.

I hoped to avoid doing something I do only every few years ;-) I'm quite
familiar with using Wireshark/Etheral on Windows, but I used tcpdump only
once or so, ever. I remember I can use tcpdump logs with Wireshark, can't
I?

Anyway, I just installed xen 3.2 and VMs are well. It didn't solve the
DHCP problem, so I will check tcpdump soon. But I found a problem with
python when I wanted to add a DomU to the xen managed domains. It seems
the xmlproc library is missing. I tried to install python-xml (as is
recommended for Debian) but there is none for CentOS. libxml2-python is
already installed and the only other module with xml in the name is
python-lxml which doesn't look like the one I need. Did you hit the same
problem?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany