{Phishing} {Disarmed} [CentOS-virt] my domU from jailtime.org using latests xen kernel freezees

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu May 22 22:31:21 UTC 2008

David Hláèik wrote on Thu, 22 May 2008 13:34:17 +0200:

> disk = [ 'tap:aio:/home/xen/webdev/webdev_root.img,sda1,w',
> 'tap:aio:/home/xen/webdev/webdev_swap.img,sda2,w' ]

I suggest using file: instead of tap:aio (I haven't tested this, but it's
been said here or elsewhere several times that it is faster than tap:aio)
I've been using it all the time with good results.)

> root = "/dev/sda1 ro"

You do not need that, comment it out.

> 7) when i will run domU machine using xm create webdev_config.xen -c , it
> will start booting
> but it will got freeze , exactly at step after starting crond

I saw the same when I created a Xen VM for CentOS 4.6. It freezes because
there's no tty for the console. I'm not sure if this might be the same. The
solution for the tty problem is explained here:
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Xen/MoveNative2DomU#head-e05b7d1b0ec9d8ea4815
a6531065760ad1be3dde

Btw: *why* do you want to use a jailtime image if you can just
install/kickstart a CentOS 5 VM in no time?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany