[CentOS-virt] xen kernel showing only one processor on SMP

Sun May 18 15:42:16 UTC 2008
gen2 <gen2 at planetofidiots.com>

Hristo Benev wrote:
> What if you boot with other kernel?
>
> If you have the same result maybe BIOS update is required for your server?!

Hi thanks for the response
BIOS is updated and current, if I boot to gentoo liveCD, I see the
expected 4 processors. This server has indeed shown TWO processors using
centOS xen-kernel before, but now after some time and upgrades I notice
there is only one (again!).

Is it as simple as BIOS in every case, or is there some other path to
discovering the problem I can try? (I have done many many hours of forum
searches and googling on this issue) Thank you