[CentOS-virt] Web based management system for Xen

Thu May 15 09:28:35 UTC 2008
Kris Buytaert <mlkb at inuits.be>

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 21:59 +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On Wed, 14 May 2008, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
> > Can anyone recommend a web based management panel that would let me bring up
> > / tear down and do some basic management for a bunch of Xen VM's ?
> >
> > Special bonus points if the panel can manage remote Xen Hosts :D
> >
> I've never used/tested it but it seems OpenQRM can manage Xen VM's (as
> well as deploying newer DomU's). There is a virtual appliance (built on
> CentOS ;-) ) that can be downloaded from the openqrm website :
> http://www.openqrm.org/openqrm-virtual-appliance.html
>
> But i can't speak of openqrm because i've no experience with it .. but i
> know that some experimented people (subscribed to this list) use it on a
> day-to-day basis, isn't it Kris ? ;-)

Mailinglist need Name highlighting :)

I`m not using openQRM on a day to day basis, but I have been
implementing it to manage virtual machine deployment , migrations and
management before.

http://www.krisbuytaert.be/published_articles/openQRM-Xen/

(Note that this is for the 3.X series :)

It also features live migration as documented here
(I hope the link works as Youtube is blocked at the custumer I am with
today)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%
2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%
3DEeqQC5SoPvs&ei=7f8rSKOrE5aKxAGXrpyYBg&usg=AFQjCNGthXmkTTYJQjyvPIcVylu3WIIv3Q&sig2=nepxE_sskKNc8_Dlav8LMg

greetz

Kris