[CentOS-virt] tick divider bugs

Sat May 3 14:31:50 UTC 2008
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Akemi Yagi wrote on Sat, 3 May 2008 06:06:31 -0700:

> tried it but it seems to have the same problem as before - when used
> with clocksource=pit, it hangs on bootup.

For the record, this can also happen in other situations with VMWare. For
instance, I have seen that happen with a Suse 9.0 guest on VMWare Server
that is running on Win2k3. I was trying clocksource=pit because the clock
was jumping ahead of time like nothing. I figured that it is actually a
problem with the Suse kernel not liking that specific option (it didn't
hang with other clock options). I fixed the time problem by binding the
virtual machine to one CPU core. I didn't even have to shut off the power
saving features of the CPU.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany