[CentOS-virt] tick divider bugs

Sat May 3 19:57:57 UTC 2008
Allen Tsang <atsang at advance.net>

Also just to review, clocksource=acpi_pm should be used in conjunction
with the tools.synctime = "true" flag in your vmx file.  The combination
of the two settings prevents time from going into the future from too
many ticks, and synctime corrects slow clocks, which leads to a much,
much better clock sync.

We'll have to wait until someone figures out a clever way to tie VM
clock ticks to a multiplexed physical clock source;
until then, clocksync will always be a problem without a complete
solution (read up on it).  This is as close as it gets!