[CentOS-virt] Need Help with Xen Please

Jason Taylor cto at hostbigger.com
Thu Nov 27 08:52:15 UTC 2008

Brett:

Thank you for your help. It has been a few days since I was able to give
this a try. However I installed Cygwin on my Windows desktop and SSH'd to
the headless machine.  I then ran virt-install without the graphics support.
Doing this I was able to get past where it was stuck before.

I get the CentOS menus for selecting language and then it asks me to
configure the IPs. I will only be using IPv4 so I disabled IPV6. However
whenever I tell it to use DHCP it hangs forever and I end up having to do a
xm destroy and recreate the guest.

Can anyone suggest what the next course of action would be? The server has a
single physical NIC and 1 IP. Will I need to request an additional IP
address to use with the new guest I create?

Thanks.