[CentOS-virt] Need Help with Xen Please

Kai Schaetzl

maillists at conactive.com
Sun Nov 16 11:31:16 UTC 2008

Jason Taylor wrote on Sat, 15 Nov 2008 17:00:46 -0700:

> One thing to note is that the base Xen installs fine it seems
> but when trying to create the virtual instance (domU) it says it cannot
> connect to the console.

Then try without making it connect to the console. (I may have misunderstood
what you mean by "create", note, "create" means *starting* an existing VM. see
below.)

I looked at the how-to, it uses virt-install. That works very well. What
exactly did you install as a domU? What where your commands? And when do you
get that error, when you run virt-install and it wants to attach to the
console or once it's finished and you start the VM up?

One thing: you want to use the Xen 3.2 rpms provided by xen.org for serious
production work on CentOS and not the one coming with CentOS. Suggest you read
the archives of the list for all tips and caveats.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany