[CentOS-virt] Need Help with Xen Please

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Nov 17 21:36:26 UTC 2008

Michael Hall wrote:
>> One thing: you want to use the Xen 3.2 rpms provided by xen.org for serious
>> production work on CentOS and not the one coming with CentOS. Suggest you read
>> the archives of the list for all tips and caveats.
>
> On the downloads page at xen.org I can only see source tarballs for 3.3.
>
> Am I looking in the wrong place?

given that you are starting out with Xen now and getting into it, I
would higly recommend you dont waste your time looking at the xensource
/ citrix package. Work with whats in the distro, its well tested as a
unit, the tools just work and there is plenty of docs and help around to
help when you need it.

Fix the problems you come up against, and if one of them needs an
upgrade out of the distro packages - consider it at the time.