[CentOS-virt] maintenance of kvm and qemu in extras

Wed Nov 19 18:50:21 UTC 2008
Michael Schenck <limeschenck at gmail.com>

I see that kvm has been updated since Sept. 08 2007, and qemu hasn't since
Sept. 12 2007.

I understand that redhat is migrating from xen to kvm, I'm curious if that
has provoked this reduced maintenance or if interest was just lost.

If this is of interest to others, Qemu 0.9.1 does provide a lot more
features lacking in 0.9.0 that I would like to use, including virtio and
e1000 NIC models, which provide better performance, as well as netbooting
virtuals.

I'm curious to hear everyones thoughts on this.

Best Regards,
Michael Schenck