[CentOS-virt] Need Help with Xen Please

Sun Nov 16 12:16:45 UTC 2008
Brett Serkez <bserkez at gmail.com>

> One thing: you want to use the Xen 3.2 rpms provided by xen.org for serious
> production work on CentOS and not the one coming with CentOS. Suggest you read
> the archives of the list for all tips and caveats.

I've been using the stock Xen (2.6.18) that comes with the latest
CentOS 5.2 in production without major issue.  At one time I had to
restart xend occasionally to be able to properly reboot guest OSes
from virt-manager, but even that has stabilized.

What specifically is better about 3.2 that you are recommended it over
2.6.18?  My experience to date with CentOS is it tends to run the
latest, proven stable version of each package, which would make me
hesitant to run downloaded packages.

As far as virt-manager, use ssh -X or ssh -Y to connect to the DomU
then start up virt-manager, this should reflect the GUI back to the
originating workstation.

Brett