[CentOS-virt] Running Xen domU hangs until service xend is restarted

Thu Oct 16 07:55:41 UTC 2008
Mikael Fridh <mikael.fridh at its.uu.se>

xen-3.0.3-64.el5_2.1

Here's the scenario:

Name                              ID Uptime
Domain-0                           0 128 days, 17:31:11
piranga_xen01                      1 128 days, 17:30:13
piranga_xen02                     39 96 days, 15:47:10
piranga_xen03                     35 96 days, 16:39:52
piranga_xen04                     59 16 days, 17:30:35

3 hours ago, xen04 stopped responding. xm list showed it was constantly
in State "r" and Time steadily increasing for xen04 while all other
domU's kept going unharmed:

Name                       ID Mem(MiB) VCPUs State
Time(s)
Domain-0                    0     5052     4 r----- 296971.7
piranga_xen01               1      263     1 -b---- 1588245.8
piranga_xen02              39      255     1 -b---- 26560.5
piranga_xen03              35      255     1 -b---- 17036.2
piranga_xen04              59      511     1 r----- 15560.6

xenconsoled wasn't showing up in dom0 processlist.
After service xend restart the xen04 domU went back to normal again.

I've seen previous posts about (and experienced myself) the case where
xm list, xm create, xm restart stops working because of a botched
xend/xenconsoled, but this is the first time a domU just hangs for me.

Anyone else experienced this?

--
Mike