[CentOS-virt] Can't get PCI card visible in guest

Fri Oct 31 23:27:33 UTC 2008
Brett Worth <brett at worth.id.au>

Kenneth Tanzer wrote:
> Unfortunately, as it turns out, there are then a bunch of additional
> Asterisk modules that I would need to build for the xen kernel, and I
> didn't have any luck finding the source, so I think I might give up on
> this for a while.

If you are using paravirtualisation then you can use pygrub instead of booting the kernel
directly so that the kernel/initrd files etc are in the guest's storage.  The virt-manager
will configure pygrub by default when installing a client.  You could install a temporary
guest using virt-manager and see how it does the config of pygrub.

This thread has some interesting info:

     http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-12/msg00902.html

Brett