[CentOS-virt] Unstable VMware 1.0.5 host after 4.7 upgrade

Wed Oct 8 21:38:36 UTC 2008
Jeff <jlar310 at gmail.com>

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 4:13 PM, Ramon Nieto <rnieto.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone have similar experiences? Does anyone have a *stable*
>> VMware Server 1.0.x host on 2.6.9-78.0.1 with non-VT processors? Is
>> anyone else using divider=10 with VMware 1.0.x?
>>

> Jeff,
>
> I have a stable VMware Server 1.0.7  but it is running on CentOS 5. The
> server has a non-VT proccesor.

Not quite apples to apples comparison, but it gives me some hope. Are
you using the tick divider option in your guests? It's still possible
that my problem is the kernel tick divider on the CentOS 4 kernel. I'm
trolling for evidence of what the source of the problem might be
instead of stabbing in the dark.

> Also, instead of recompiling the kernel you can grab one already compiled
> with the Hz set to 100 from here:
>
> http://people.centos.org/tru/kernel-vm/

I'm aware of those but I like doing things myself. Thanks.

--
Jeff