[CentOS-virt] Can't get PCI card visible in guest

Fri Oct 31 23:27:44 UTC 2008
Todd Deshane <deshantm at gmail.com>

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 7:17 PM, Kenneth Tanzer <ktanzer at desc.org> wrote:
> What I ended up doing was looking at my working CentOS PV guest, listing all
> the modules, and finding the ones that were not loaded in my AsteriskNow
> guest.  That seemed to do the trick, and it booted.  (Once I realized that
> the initrd file had to be in /boot on the _host_, not the guest!)
>
> Unfortunately, as it turns out, there are then a bunch of additional
> Asterisk modules that I would need to build for the xen kernel, and I didn't
> have any luck finding the source, so I think I might give up on this for a
> while.
>
> Thanks very much for your help!
>
> Ken
>
> p.s.,  I felt like I spent a bunch of time scratching my head on this stuff
> because I couldn't find good, clear documentation.  Is there such
> documentation to be found somewhere, or is it just lacking at this point?

There really isn't good, clear, complete documentation on all of this. It is
a bit scattered in READMEs, some on the xen wiki, some very good
blog and sides site, there are a number of Xen books (I am a co-author
on one called Running Xen), but what really needs to happen is the Xen
wiki needs to be cleaned up a lot and kept up to date. Xen.org actually
has documentation/the wiki in its plans to be worked on soon. I hope
that that will help the documentation situation get a lot better.

See our book's website (runningxen.com) for a lot of links and resources.

Cheers,
Todd

--
Todd Deshane