[CentOS-virt] Machine freeze

Jamie Walker jj.walker at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 19:55:54 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 3:43 AM, Maros Timko <timkom at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes,
>
> mem and disk check was also our first thing to do. But it happened on
> different machines (1950s and 2950s), different BIOS versions and number of
> NICs. The freeze situation is unrecoverable - machine replies to pings, but
> did not write anything to console. You cannot SSH to it, the only thing we
> could do is power down the machine. After that everything is fine.

I've had Xen running for around 2 1/2 years on a couple of vintages of
2950s under both Ubuntu and CentOS and it's been very reliable in all
combinations. The only issue I can remember having is when the dom0
kernel doesn't have enough memory available to it, it can seem a bit
catatonic.

--
Gmail/Gtalk/MSN: jj.walker at gmail.com (or shout loudly)