[CentOS-virt] state of lfarkas KVM repository + Centos KVM wiki

Ljubomir Ljubojevic

office at plcomputers.net
Thu Apr 23 14:00:05 UTC 2009

Hi.

I used source from lfarkas repository and have rebuilt my own rpm's
since on lfarkas repository there are no i386 version for some rpm's
(kvm-mod I think).

I also have recompiled Fedoras libvirt and virt-manager,... rpm's

If you need them for i386 system you can find them here:
http://www.plcomputers.net/download/plc-centos5-custom/

Otherwise it would be wise to use lfarkas's rpm's. They should work well.
Of course, first test this on some non-production system.

Using virt-manager (GUI) I am able to create and delete virtual
machines, and set all options. In Edit\host details you can set default
network IP for virbr interface.

I have not seen any tap interfaces, I have set my eth0 to bridge mode (I
wanted public IP directly on virtual OS), and libvirt just hooks to it
without actually (visibly) joining the br0 bridge.

Only thing I do not know how to use is connecting to qemu:///system with
virsh.

Ljubomir