[CentOS-virt] WinXP Xen guest: compare VNC vs RDP

Ed Heron

Ed at Heron-ent.com
Thu Apr 23 16:56:46 UTC 2009

From: "Christopher G. Stach II", Wednesday, April 22, 2009 5:31 PM

> It's a really bad idea to allow connections into dom0 from anything other
> than an administrative network and for administrative purposes.  RDP is
> generally a better solution than anything else, anyway.

  I don't think anybody disagrees with this, in theory.  But I'm not going
to kill the project if the expected performance is less than required using
RDP and acceptable using VNC.  Since I'll have a hot spare and the virtual
machine server is relatively easy to rebuild, I'm going to have to allow for
it as a Plan B.