[CentOS-virt] CentOS 5.3 in VMWare Fusion

Wed Apr 22 12:30:24 UTC 2009
Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov>

Jason Todd Slack-Moehrle wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to run CentOS 5.3-x86_64 in a Vmware Fusion virtual
> machine on my Mac Pri (10.5.6)
>
> My install starts OK, checks media and then I get a message saying
>
> "The CentOS CD was not found in any of your CDROM drives. Please
> insert the CentOS CD and press OK to retry".
>
> I have booted from the media though, so I don't understand...
>
> Any thoughts?

Are you using an ISO file or physical media?  DVD or CD?  Not sure if
that matters.  In either case, make sure the device is still connected
to the VM - have seen cases in VMware Server or Workstation where an ISO
file gets disconnected after the media check and has to be manually
reconnected.

The other case that exhibits this symptom I have only seen on physical
hardware with a SATA DVD/CD drive that boots but then is not recognized
by anaconda. What type of connection is the drive on?

Phil